I have always been a sweets person. Like many others, I crave sugar to an annoying extent (something I am actively working on.) For this reason, I am always looking for healthier ways to satisfy my cravings. One of my biggest weaknesses are chocolate shakes! Ugh, so good. In pursuit of creating a somewhat healthier alternative, I threw together some healthy ingredients that I love and think would taste pretty okay combined together. This smoothie was born. It tastes just like any other dessert, with less processed sugar and more nutrients.
Often times, I will cut up an avocado for toast, burritos, and so forth and end up having extra. The easiest way to prevent wasted avocado (because I refuse to waste something so amazing . . . and expensive) is to throw it in smoothies. Avocado is the key ingredient in this smoothie for creaminess, and I highly recommend adding it into your smoothies for a serving of good fats.
Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
Yields 1 serving, 5 minute preparation
- 1 banana, large
- 2/3 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1/2 avocado, medium
- 2/3 cup almond milk, unsweetened vanilla
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Pure maple syrup to taste
- Add in all ingredients to blender
- Blend until smooth. Add more almond milk, frozen fruit, or ice for desired thickness.
- For more sweetness, allow bananas to ripen until brown spots begin to show.
- Looking for more creaminess? Add more avocado!
- Love the taste of chocolate peanut butter? Swap out strawberries for more frozen bananas and add peanut butter!